What was that first Thanksgiving dinner actually like? We've been poking around and have found some great websites for your family to learn about that momentous meal.
Some Fun Facts about the First Thanksgiving:
- The first Thanksgiving feast was in 1621, at Plymouth Colony, between the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag tribe.
- The pilgrims wore bright and cheerful clothing to the feast (not black and white like we sometimes imagine).
- The guests ate deer, fowl, seafood, and lots of fruits and vegetables at that first dinner.
- They played ball games (Turkey Bowl anyone?), sang and danced, and hunted.
- The first Thanksgiving dinner lasted 3 days!
More fun websites: